When I am looking for toddler gifts, I find it important to give something that will encourage learning even if it isn’t an educational toy. The main reason for this is because I love that learning gifts for toddlers will help them develop a certain love for learning.
Therefore, I took some time to set up the ultimate list of learning gifts for toddlers so you can go through the list for some inspiration. The list is made out of the following categories:
- Letter based gifts (mostly puzzles)
- Construction toys
- Creative & Sensory toys
- Kinetic gifts
- Musical learning gifts
- Numbers/Money playsets
Letter And Number Toys Are One Of The Best Learning Gifts For Toddlers
Out of all the things you can give a toddler, letter and number gifts are some of the best educational gifts you can give. For example, spelling games or games with letters can give your kid a head start in school. My kids, like many others, have a natural love for learning so they will ask you “what letter is this?” and “how does it sound?”.
Here is a list of my top learning gifts based on letters and numbers:
- Little Treasures Matching Letter Game
- Magnetic Wooden Fishing Game Puzzle With Letters And Numbers
- Jamohom Wooden Alphabet Puzzles
- Sesame Street Elmo’s On The Go Letters
- Coogam Letters Matching Eggs
Learning to read is one of the key things that will prescribe a child’s success in education. So I think that it is worth every penny to invest in some educational letter toys for your child!
Building Toys That Will Educate Your Toddler
While construction toys are often not considered as learning toys by many, they are great toys for improving the motor skills of toddlers. Besides that, building toys also stimulates the creative development of your toddler.
My personal favorites when it comes to building toys for toddlers:
- Picasso Tiles Building Blocks
- Neoformers Magnetic Building Tiles
- Melissa & Doug 100-Piece Wood Blocks Set
- Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag
- The Block Set by Lovevery
- 150 Piece Classic Big Building Blocks (my favorite)
Creative And Sensory Toys Are Good Learning Gifts For toddlers
Creative and sensory toys challenge your toddler to be creative and will challenge them to express themselves. Parents should foster playing with creative and sensory toys early-on since most of the children have peaked in creativity around the age of 5-6.
Besides that, sensory play supports language development, motor skills, problem-solving skills, and social interaction. It’s great for calming an anxious or frustrated toddler.
A list of the top creative and sensory toys:
- Learning Resources Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog
- Hide N Side Kids Play Tunnels
- Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline (my kids loved this mini-trampoline)
- iLearn Kids Bowling Toys Set
- Developmental Bumpy Ball
- Sensory Fidget Tubes
The Best Kinetic Gifts For Your Toddler
Kinetic toys for toddlers are great for developing their motor skills and getting spatial awareness.
Other than that, kinetic toys are great to keep your toddler active with an educational activity.
A list of my favorite kinetic toys for toddlers:
- SIERLIKY Hoola Hoop for Kids
- Kinetic Sand Beach Sand Kingdom Playset
- Fun Forts Kids Tent for Kids
- Sunny Days Entertainment Bubble-N-Go Toy Lawn Mower
- RaboSky Bean Bag Toss Game
Kinetic toys are good for a toddler’s sparkling imagination since they often involve imaginative play.
Musical Gift That Toddlers Will Love
Musical toys might be my favorite type of gift for a toddler since music is a way a toddler can express himself before having full articulation through either speech or writing. Besides that, most children like to dance and sing and these activities will help them to develop their skills on that.
The best musical toys for toddlers:
- Music Instrument Set (my kids favorite)
- Joyjoz Kids Piano Mat
- VTech Musical Rhymes Book
- Dimple Kids Handheld Musical Electronic Toy Guitar
- Baby Einstein Toddler Jams Musical Toy
- NextX Baby Musical Toys
Side note: Your kids may get so into these musical toys that they will drive you crazy from time to time. So setting up a pre-scheduled music time each day can help you as a parent so your ears can get a break.
Money Playsets That Will Learn Your Toddler A Lot
It may sound weird since it isn’t considered a traditional learning toy for toddlers. But Money playsets are a nice way to start learning your child the value of money (and saving it). This will encourage children to practice their financial skills which could have a big influence on their lives.